A Little Bit About Me
Beauty will save the world - Dostoevsky
I pray this reaches you in a peaceful and beautiful state.
- I seek a practicing Muslim for marriage, who is consistent with his five daily prayers.
- My faith resides at the center of my being; I strive to follow the Quran and Sunnah to the best of my ability. I treasure my relationship with God, and work hard to improve and nurture my relationship with my Beloved Lord.
- I am far from perfect. My struggles against my nafs (ego) are many. When I experience challenges, I do my best to counteract my trials with beautiful patience, serene acceptance and gratitude. I fail, I fall, I err — a lot, but try to use my errors as life lessons from which to grow from. I strive to follow the prophetic example as often as I can.
-I am connected with my local masjid, and strive to attend Friday prayer (jumuah) as often as I can.
- After God, the Sublime, and His blessed Prophet Muhammad, may peace and blessings be upon him, family is very important. I simply adore my parents and siblings.
- I take my role as a representative of this most beautiful faith seriously and strive to treat all of His creation (people, animals, and nature) with the utmost care and respect.
- My interests are vast and include reading (non-fiction, literature and poetry), exploring natural spaces, walking, star/moon gazing, spending time with family and friends, classical education, farming, cooking, baking, volunteerism, gardening, art, architecture, and alternative medicine. My intellectual role models are the Islamic scholars of the past, many of whom were polymaths.
- I love nature. I enjoy the tranquility of being in the woods. The sounds of the rustling leaves, the birds, the sight of deer, the smell of the woods after rainfall... are so incredibly soothing to my senses. There is something about being immersed in nature that brings tremendous life to my heart.
- Virtues I value include love, politeness, generosity, humility, compassion, gratitude, and mercy. Good manners (adab) and etiquette are important to me.
- I believe in traditional gender roles. Femininity and masculinity, for me, are key ingredients of a healthy marriage.
What I Am Looking For
I am seeking a gentleman:
- for a monogamous marriage
- from any ethnic background who is consistent with his 5 daily prayers
- who wants children
- who was ideally born or raised in a western country to ensure cultural compatibility
If I have piqued your interest, feel free to get in touch.
If we do not match, I wish you success on your journey and pray that God guides you to good.