- Send, read and reply to messages
- Store messages for more than 30 days
- See who's been viewing your profile
- Priority Gold Member support
(Updated Apr 23, 2017: I think I made it very easy for anybody to contact me and I welcome that...I'd be happy to figure out a way to contact those who I like if they drop a few hints!)
I thought about how it would be the best to describe myself and I came up with this boring yet the most informative way :D I tried to include some jokes and tons of smiley faces to make it less boring :D
- Born and raised in Iran, got my B.S. in Engineering and then my MBA back there
-I came to U.S. on Fall 2011 to get my M.A. in Economics and then I applied for some PhD programs to begin in Fall 2013. Hopefully I got fully funded admissions to two universities and I decided to accept the offer from Tulane University.
- My main plan is to get an academic job here in U.S. and it seems very much achievable. Which means there is no point for me to deceive you in order to get a green card :D
- I said that I was born and raised in Iran but I have probably seen more American movies and TV series than some of my American friends here! I really love to learn about different cultures and it has been much easier to learn about American culture (even when I was in Iran) :D. Therefore! I can claim that my knowledge of the culture is like a person who has been raised here. It might be helpful to say that since I have been in U.S. I have been living with Americans in the same house (and not Iranians) and I have good (again American) friends in the university that we hang out outside of the classes as well. It should show that I am fine from this point of view (For more worried people I could get some recommendation letters if they could not believe my words :D :D :D )
- I have undertaken some breath taking risks like turning down a prestigious PhD position in Iran (in management sciences) because I didn’t “like” it and I wanted to study economics even if it was just a Masters degree at that time. Going to another country should be also considered as another sign for my capability to be a risk taker or as it is referred to as being adventuress :D However, these examples are rare and I am generally very cautious in my behavior in risky situations. But if I believe that I need to do something I will do it regardless of its risks.
- I have been away from my family since I started my undergraduate and I can say personality wise I have achieved adequate levels of independency and responsibility meanwhile I have had a very close relationship with my family. I am also accused of being the favorite child by my brothers :D.
- I am optimistic, which makes me to be mainly happy with at least a smile on my face. My understanding of a good relationship is mutual understanding and respect and meanwhile managing disagreements. I don’t expect that my partner says yes to what I say nor I will say yes to everything :D. I am very open to learning and correcting myself. On the other hand I can not tolerate people who think they know everything or they are right all the times and the problem is always in others.
- I always consider myself as the main and usually even the sole responsible for what happens to me and I have a hard time to be around people that always think others are the source of problems that happen to them. It is of course OK to believe sometimes we are not responsible for what happens to us but personally I always look for my share of responsibility.
- One close friend of mine once said, if there is a God and he has created all of the good things, who is more eligible to have them than those who believe in God! I really believe in this sentence, simply, if I want something good in my life I just assume that God wants it too or even better! So I am always expecting good things to happen :D
I have a clear idea about my educational and working life but not that much clear about my personal life. Simply because I think having a laundry list is not a good approach in this case. There are things that I know I can not tolerate in my close friends (and therefore in my wife) but the list is pretty much short. I want somebody who believes it is her responsibility to be happy and successful in life and such attitude would definitely solve any problem. When a girl says she wants a guy to make her happy I always ask myself does she know her responsibility for having happiness? I personally don’t believe that marriage is a ticket to a show that you are going to sit there and your partner is supposed to play on the stage :D good relationships are like muscular bodies. You can not have them over a night and it is achieved through a long process and it needs time, effort and dedication. So, finding the right person is only the first step and for me the most important part is day to day effort to make the relationship to go forward.
I'm registering to find myself a partner