A Little Bit About Me
Nothing unites people like 'mediocrity'. If you are someone who fits in typical social frames, then, you and I are not a match. Don't waste your time reading my profile. Also, I will NOT interact with anyone who does not have a picture on display on his profile or wouldn't agree for a video call after initial introduction.
socio cultural diversities, intelligent conversations, poetry, art, world literature, Philosophy, English language, writing, religion, sophistication, intimate beautiful settings and stimulating conversations (a lost art), world music, world cuisine, cultural diversity, rainy season, full moon, stars, long walks, candle light, amber, musk, lazing in bed on weekends, smiling often (not a giggle pot though), learning to cook, maintaining short hair (have real short hair- approximately about 5.08 cm long – can’t imagine growing them please), shopping.
extrovert yet shy, cautious and not afraid, moderately religious and not a fanatic or a hypocrite, not someone who wears hijab or would promise doing so any soon (unless Allah gives me hidaya to do so), dreamer and a philosopher at heart, a good orator and a moody writer, someone who believes in infinite possibilities, a woman in tune with my logic and reason yet balanced by my heart, always seeking balance and positivity in life, quite liberal in my perspective and approach to life but have an infallible understanding of what is categorized as haram/sin.
I am somebody who is returning from where most men and women my age must be striving to go to. Alhumdolillah, I have been fortunate to reckon all the weathers and I aspire to retire to a very calm place somewhere by a lake.
I've never been married and have no children.
In terms of academics, I have a master's degree in English Literature. In addition, I have four certifications from Harvard University (through virtual learning mode) - two in Business Studies and two in Linguistics.
What I Am Looking For
I’m a soul that wanders and a body that is a whirling dervish. I’m looking for brilliance that can acknowledge the unseen states.
I continue to look for someone who has an intellectual bent of mind. I don’t care what car you drive or where you live or what lineage you belong to. Also, I don’t care how seasoned a globe trotter you are. Your pompous long lists aren’t something that will ever fascinate me; therefore, please abstain from sending me messages telling me about such tosh.
If you are a soul who is tired of the usual chaos and sheen, and would like to be close to nature - far from maddening crowds, you sure belong to my tribe!
A mature and confident male who
- is free from convoluted thinking
- is well qualified/exceptionally well read (preferably someone from an Ivy League
- is someone with an intellectual bent of mind
- is nonchalant towards everyday chaos
- has liking for art
- likes conversations
- likes attending sufi festivals
- respects cultural diversity
- believes in having a social life (and is not a ‘get home from work and be a couch potato’ sort)
- is a sapiophile
- maintains balance between EQ and IQ
- is well behaved
- is ambitious
- likes travelling
- likes eating out
- is polite
- is sophisticate and classy
- is genuinely nice
- is caring
- is non-judgmental
- is always well groomed
- has good dress sense
- is pleasant to the eye
- speaks flawless English (since that’s the language I think in and prefer my conversations in)
- is someone who can respect my likes
- may be a revert (but not an extremist/orthodox/fundamentalist)
- is a moderate Muslim
No tolerance for:
- Wahhabis and Salafis
- those who are shallow enough to think I am here for a visa
- orthodoxies, fundamentalist and hypocrites
- typical Asian male
- 'brothers' who are looking for 'sisters'
- obstinate cocooned souls
- poor etiquette
- bad English communication skills (bad grammar, text speak, slang)
- those who have future plans to settle in any Asian country
-those who imitate others
- those who impose or dictate ways of life on/to others in the name of Islam, family or society
- those who are authoritative
- those who are cunning
- those who are judgmental
- drama king
- family puppet: mamma’s or papa’s boy or big sis or bro’s undertaking
- those who can't take their decisions
- piercings, jewellery, tattoos
- poor dress sense
- unhygienic ways of life
- those who set up multiple profiles and post modified glamorous century old/no photos
- watch dogs who maintain a dos n don’ts diary
- mind games
- time wasters and indecisive individuals
I don't respond to narrow minds so being open minded is a great start. Even though I have mentioned the desirable characteristics, 'attraction' is very important to me, so we can only progress if there's mutual attraction and a connection.
Only contact me if you are serious about a relationship leading to marriage within a span of 2 to 3 months from the time of initiating a conversation. I have had few connects here, telling me they would like to marry me if I make my own arrangement to migrate to wherever they currently live. If this is what your perspective is too – then, we are not a match. If you are shallow enough to think that a woman from across miles is vowing by the sanctity of relationships, please be gentleman enough to not give precedence to fickle minded visa trap related perspectives over what could be a beautiful bonding (Bi’iznillah). This is not to offend you, but I am speaking from experiences I have had here. At my age, I can merely be practical and straightforward with no tolerance for any mind games.
*** TIME WASTERS PLEASE KEEP OFF. IF YOUR BASICS ARE NOT IN PLACE AND YOU ARE NOT SURE WHY YOU ARE HERE, THEN DO NOT WRITE TO ME. I AM NOT HERE TO DISCUSS WORLD HUNGER OR MAKE FRIENDS OR GET INTO A LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP (THAT MAY OR MAY NOT LEAD TO MARRIAGE) OR WHILE TIME.
*** THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE FROM WITHIN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, WORD IT ON YOUR PROFILE RATHER THAN WASTING OTHERS’ TIME.