- Send, read and reply to messages
- Store messages for more than 30 days
- See who's been viewing your profile
- Priority Gold Member support
Insha'Allah you're well and in the best of health.
So I thought the best way to give you an insight into who I am is by sharing some random facts about me. Here goes…
- love reading (surprise!)
- despite my love for books, I’m pretty sociable
- have strong family values
- enjoy watching movies
- adore my little nieces and nephew
- have a cheerful personality
- like to use long words to make myself appear smarter than I am
- regular gym-goer
- slim but curvy
- think Wikipedia is the best website ever (so if you’re searching for someone “fun”, please look elsewhere! :p)
- admire Muhammad Yunus for giving the term “small idea, big impact” a whole new meaning
- have a strong antipathy towards Kindles (call me old-fashioned)
- am often told that I'm very forthright in my speech, which isn't necessarily a good thing
- have a laid back and down to earth nature (not really sure what either of those terms mean, but thought I'd throw them in for good measure)
- am very honest (too honest sometimes -need to work on that!), and
- am trustworthy (or so I like to think anyway).
Pet peeves include:
- long side burns
- spine-benders and page-folders (I’m referring to books again)
- poor/incorrect use of language, punctuation and grammar, and
- above all, dishonesty!
This has often been an issue with guys I’ve met online, so I’d like to mention up front that I am rather (but not overly) career focussed. In other words, I plan to continue working after marriage –either in my current position or elsewhere if I relocate from the West Midlands area. However, please note that I’m not all about work! My priorities will always be religion, family and THEN career. My aim, insha’Allah, is to achieve an optimal balance of the three.
Phew! Glad I got all that off my chest!
Aah the million-dollar question! The short answer is someone who could make me happy, and who I could make happy in return.
However, to help with the short-listing process, I’ve decided to be helpful and come up with a shopping list. :)
I'm searching for someone who is:
- a good Muslim (or at least tries to be)
- thoroughly geeky
- fairly well educated (at least degree level)
- quite laid back and doesn’t get all worked up over the smaller things
- at least 5ft 7ins (I refuse to stop wearing my stilettos!)
- a British national, and
- not a divorcee.
If you like what you’ve read, let me know!
Finally, thanks for reading my profile and the very best of luck in your search! May all our duas be answered.
I'm registering to find myself a partner